Sunday, March 28, 2010

Wendy Wu

Has anyone travelled with Wendy Wu Tours in this area-specifically the grand Indochina tour? I am keen to know about the food on the trip as it is an all inclusive tour. Thanks!





Wendy Wu


I have never heard of them. Could you please post a link to their website and we can have a look? :-)





I notice you are from Stafford. That is my last name, and from where my ancestors hail!



Wendy Wu


Hi,



The link is- www.wendywutours.co.uk but they fly from U.K. There is an Australian version too, if that%26#39;s any help to anyone.



What a coincidence about Stafford! We visited Japan way back in 1976 and also 1978 snd loved everything about the country, especially the people.




Looks like a decent tour operation. Regarding the food issue, maybe you could contact them with your questions. Are you concerned about the qulaity or the substance? Are there certain foods you cannot eat?




Nice website, but I find the tours very expensive.




I%26#39;m concerned that the food will be mass produced buffets that will not represent the countries visited. We eat anything so that is not a concern.I thought comments from people who have been on the tour would be more representative of what is on offer rather than contacting the tour company.




Have you been on one? If so which one? They seem to offer much better value than others as they are fully inclusive.




As live in Laos, I don%26#39;t need to go on one. I think they are expensive for what you get.




Also, did you notice that compulsory tips are collected at the beginning? Furthermore I prefer to choose my own places to eat. So, these are definitely not tours for me.




I have also never been on a tour. I have been to laos 6 times, as a solo female traveler, and found it a breeze to navigate. Vietnam is another story. I did that with a friend for 2 weeks, not on a tour, and it was pretty ';in your face'; for the first couple of days until we became accustomed to the way things worked there. (We loved Vietnam though!)



As far as I%26#39;m concerned, enjoying the local food is 70% my reason for travel, and Laos has a fabulous cuisine. A lot of tourists miss it as they tend to head to the shops that cater to westerners with western palates...

No comments:

Post a Comment