Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Tour Luang Prabang

After having checked Luang Prabang the first day I went on a half day elephant tour the second day. I booked it with PTM travel. At 8.30 I had to be at their office and at 8.45 we left for the elephant tour. First we had to ride half an our or so to the Nam khan river were we had to take a boat to the elephant camp. When we arrived I could ride the elephant.I had to sit on a seat that was locked on his back. I couldn%26#39;t believe that those animals would be able to walk some trails. But they can climb almost everything. Somethimes it was pretty scary. It was a 25 minutes ride what was really short and there was told that it would be much longer! After that I had a few ours to spend at tad sea waterfalls (what was next to the elephant camp). So a good day but I was not pleased fully. Because I was really into the elephant riding I wanted to do it again. I decided to book with Tiger Trail. I would also do the Kayaking for 3 ours. Tiger trail has a fair trek program what means that 30 procent of the income goes to the local people. Next to this they have an own elephant camp. So I was eager to check that out... Day day began at 8.30 with a ride to the elephant park. It was at the banks of the Nam Khan and there were beautiful vieuws. First we went to Tad sea waterfals(yes again) for half an our whick was long enough. Than I went for a one and a half our! elephant ride. It was great because we also went through the river were my feet almost hit the water! I switched with the mahout to sit on his neck and I continued the whole ride sitting in it%26#39;s neck!. After a good lunch at the park I went for a Kayak trip down the Nam Khan to Luang Prabang. The vieuws were great and the guide told a lot of extra things about what we saw on the way. So a Great day it Was! I recommend it to everyone!



Tour Luang Prabang


Sounds like what PTM Travel agency did was to sell you the elephant ride at Tad Sae Waterfall where an operator sells elpehant rides but these rides are for only half an hour. You could have easily done this yourself by going to Tad Sae and there%26#39;s a small bridge that you cross to the area for the elpehant rides.





A good alternative for longer rides is also with All Lao Elephant Camp which charges $25 (US dollars) for a one and a half hour elephant trek through their privately owned property near Ban Noun Savat along the Nam Khan River outside of Luang Prabang. They even provide a free transfer between the town and their elephant camp.

No comments:

Post a Comment