Tuesday, March 30, 2010

';King of Bus'; seat warning

Hi,





We just arrived in Vientiane from Pakse on one of the worst bus journeys of my life.





We had the two sleeper beds upstairs at the back of the bus, and despite the lack of privacy, all was going fine, until it started to rain.





The rain just poured in on top of the four of us on the back row - a complete washout.





I complained to the driver, but he just gave me another blanket (though I know, there wasn%26#39;t much else to do).





Myself and my partner spent the remaining 4 hours of the journey hunched on the steps in front of the toilet!





I would probably use their service again, but make sure you get seats in the middle of the bus, or on the lower level.







The bus was the ';King of Bus'; run by CPS company from the bus station in Pakse, next to the Wat.







Take care!





';King of Bus'; seat warning


Wow, that sounds awful! I%26#39;ve taken the Vientiane-Pakse bus 3 times (even in a lightning/rain storm) but that fortunately never happened to me. My friend %26amp; I had upper berths every time in the front. Ours was the VIP sleeper bus where you get your own horizontal berths (and cost about $16). Was this the same oen you took ?



';King of Bus'; seat warning


Hi Maneki,





Yes, this was the same bus, where you have double (horizontal) sleeper berths on each side.





We paid $19 for the journey - think we may have been ripped off....





As I said, if we%26#39;d been elsewhere on the bus, or it hadn%26#39;t rained, we probably would have been fine.





Take care,



Monkey

No comments:

Post a Comment