Sunday, March 28, 2010

visa required ?

G%26#39;day





Am travelling to Laos with my wife and would like to confirm what visa%26#39;s we need.I am Aus my wife Thai,she has Aus residency.We will probably fly from Chiang Mai to Luang Prahbung.I beleive my visa is 30 days on entry?Would my wife be the same?Have been told she has to apply to embassy for an extended stay,we only plan to stay about 1 week.





Cheers for the help



visa required ?


You have been given incorrect information.



For an Aus passport holder - you get a visa on arrival; you need 2 passport photos and about 35USD.



I assume your wife has a Thai pasport? She gets a 30 visa but doesn%26#39;t have to pay. What some may have mentioned to you is a ';border pass';. Thais, (and Lao), can get this to cross to towns at the nearest border crossong. This gives you 3 days entry.



visa required ?


rufus gave you the correct information. If your wife has a Thai passport, she%26#39;ll get a visa exemption upon arrival.



You pay for a visa upon arrival with an U$1 extra for weekend or holiday arrivals fee.




Gday



Thanks very much for info.So $35 USD and 2 passport photos for me. Does my wife need the photos as well and $ 35 USD ?



Cheers




Free for the wife. Not 100% sure of the passport photos - my wife is Laos. Best to take some just in case, though you can get them done at the airport and at the friendship Bridge.

No comments:

Post a Comment