Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Aussie to Laos & Cambodia via ?????

Hi all,





Visited Cambodia (very briefly) last year and fell in love with Cambodia and Cambodians. Now planning return visit and would like to include Laos.





Trying to sort out flights etc is doing my head in!





Initial idea is



Sydney to Luang Praban (3 nights) then Vientiane (3 nights) then Siem Reap (for a week) to visit some friends then Phnom Penh (3-4 days) then home.





My question is - which airline/s and in %26amp; out through which %26#39;hub%26#39; - HCMC, Singapore, KL or Bangkok?





With Jetstar we can do the legs Syd/sing and Sing Cambodia. Or we fly into BKK and out through singapore?





your suggestions would be very welcome





cheers



Helen



Aussie to Laos %26amp; Cambodia via ?????


Sydney to LP? I doubt any airline flies this route. Best would be Sydney to Bkk then on to LP.



Aussie to Laos %26amp; Cambodia via ?????


Hi





As it happens I have been trying to book flights from Sydney to Luang Prabang and have found out you can%26#39;t really do it easily or if you do it costs heaps. I got flights for $1300 return (includes taxes) which from my months of research are good value to do: Sydney to Vientiane (change planes in Bangkok, good connections) and then we are flying out of Chiang Mai to Bangkok then connecting to Sydney in July/August. I found this flight on webjet. You could also go in and out of Vientiane for same price. I found it is cheaper to pay the internal flight cost from Vientiane to Luang Prabang seperately either via Lao airlines or with travel agent rather than try to fly into Luang Prabang as a straight up option. Better chance at a special price if you do this. Check out the lao airlines site as they advise their flight route and they fly from LP to Siem Reap (and they reply to email questions too).





I too fell in love with Cambodia, particularly Phnom Pehn.






I posted the same question on the Cambodian forum and got a reply about a %26#39;discovery pass%26#39; with Bangkok airlines and/or lao airlines.





Can anyone shed any light on these - seems that you buy the coupon and then add relevant taxes etc.





where do I get these coupons and where do I find out what the relevant taxes are?





Also, anyone know how far in advance bookings can be made?





cheers again



Helen




I wrote to Lao Airlines and asked about this but they couldn%26#39;t guarantee they would still be on offer when we where going to be in Laos (July/August). They did not offer any advice on how they work either or what they cost. I too had read about the savings you could gain if doing several internal flights but seems to not apply if travelling later this year. I am just checking the lao airlines website regularly to see if they do put any new info up on them.




cheers Suz ... will just keep looking, fingers Xed



H

No comments:

Post a Comment