Friday, March 26, 2010

boat travel from luang prabang to thailand boarder crossing

heard that you can take a slow boat on the mekong river from luang prabang to the thailand boarder crossing at Houay Xi. any information would be appreciated. i.e what kind of boats, cost, comfort, enjoyable, do you need to provide your own provisions such as food and drink on the boat.





thanks



she



boat travel from luang prabang to thailand boarder crossing


I didn%26#39;t go Luang Prabang to Houay Xi. I went the other way last June. My guess would be the boats are the same.





I understand there are fewer people going up than down so your boat may be different than the one I was one. If you would like to see pics message me I can give you the links.





I took food and water with me knowing even if food was offered the price would be something I was not willing to pay.





Some of the seats are hard hard and nasty others were soft and comfy.





I loved the tip met all kinds of interesting people and was able to watch the county side float by.





I do not remember what I paid, my bet would be trot down to the dock and ask...or if you prefer I would imagine any tour agent in LP would be more than happy to sell you a ticket.





As another option there is tell of a speed boat which also does this trip but here have been some danger warning.



boat travel from luang prabang to thailand boarder crossing


There is a boat that will take you up to the border.



it is an amazing experience, through some heavily forested areas.



however, dont do it just now, as the sky is filled with smoke from forest fires



i got some pics on my blog if you want to have a look





You may have to buy to tickets, one to pakeng and then from there to the border









http://adegreeaday.blogspot.com/


  • bella cosmetics
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment