Tuesday, March 30, 2010

river weather in feb

taking the boat from luang prabang to pak beng and huay xai in mid feb...itinerary says it can be ';quite cold.'; anyone know what that means, how cold?



river weather in feb


Definitely bring a warm layer of fleece and some thermal underwear. I have never been to that area, but it was pretty darn cold just taking the boat 90 minutes to the Pak Ou caves from Luang Prabang. Phonsavan is another story. It is downright Arctic up there...Best to be prepared (you can also sleep in the warm stuff if it gets cold at night)...



river weather in feb


I would take into account different people%26#39;s perspective of what is warm and cold depending on what they are used to. I took the boat up to Pak Ou in Feb a couple of years ago and it was not cold at all, in fact i would class it as hot. But that%26#39;s probably because i live in England.




My boat to Pak Ou was at 8am. It was clipping along. It was cold. I had a fleece jacket and the other guys were wearing T-shirts. They were shivering visibly. I live in Japan. It snows here. I understand cold.


  • pimple
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment