Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Recommendation - Vang Vieng to Luang Prabang

Hi guys,





got back from laos at the end of jan and just thought I%26#39;d pay back something to the forums as so many people have helped me over the years and I usually get on and havent been on in a while, so wanted something to write about lol.





I just wanted to make a recommendation, that if you are travelling by bus from Vang Vieng to Luang Prabang (or vice versa) to perhaps take the mini bus. We usually travel by coach, but in this instance travelled by Mini bus as it was new years day and we wanted to get into Luang prabang before the large crowds did, to get first pick of accommodation - unfortunately that still didnt help us as people were coming from everywhere :)





I really enjoyed the mini van. It allowed me to really see some amazing things when driving through the villages. It is my fourth large trip to south east asia, and I felt I took so much more in this time in regards to local life and the local people. I think part of this is due to the villages being built literally right on the side of the highway, it really struck a chord with me and it was possible due to the mini van. we took the coach from Luang prabang down again to Vientiane four days later, and my husband and myself were discussing that we just didn%26#39;t see anything, and it just felt like another trip through the windy mountains. a bit disappointing i guess.





So if you have the chance, or are trying to decide, perhaps take the mini van :) they can even stop for you to take photos at the lookout :) fabulous!





enjoy :)





JO :)



Recommendation - Vang Vieng to Luang Prabang


we had a minivan from LP to phonosavan, then a normal bus from phonosavan to vang veing. On these two legs we covered similiar windy and narrow sections along the route





I agree with you -minivan smaller and better way to travel ( handles 100% better on those windy roads)

No comments:

Post a Comment