Monday, December 12, 2011

Laung Prabang - best time to visit

Hi All





What would be the preferable time to visit Luang Prabang June or Late Sept/october.





cheers





Laung Prabang - best time to visit


September is pretty low season, I%26#39;d go then. I was down south on the islands this September and the place was totally devoid of tourists. Quite a change from when I was there in February!



Laung Prabang - best time to visit


I would hold off until mid/end of October if I were you. The rainy season is May-start of October - so if you go in June or September you are likely to get caught in the bad weather.





I was in Laos mid to late October and the rain had pretty much finished, (the odd shower!) Luang Prabang/Vang Vieng etc had some tourists but was far from crowded, so I would recommend a similar time for you.




It hardly rained at all when I was there in September, and I spent 2 days with really excruciatingly hot and sunny weather in a teeny village 4 hours from Luang Prabang. Gosh, rain would%26#39;ve been nice!The only downside of traveling during rainy season is that there are huge puddles of mud in the villages,



and some overland travel may be suspended. This year there was massive flooding which put a halt to some of the long-distance bus routes.




I have been in LP in september, I%26#39;d go then, seems the airline companys like to boost thier prices in June and reduce them again after the first week of september so you%26#39;ll save money there, it is rainy season but when I was there only had a couple wild thunderstorms that knocked out the power to everything but was pretty cool to watch, if you went this year you would have had some flooding in LP, but the airs clean (no burning going on) the mekong is up, weather is pretty good, theres a boatracing festival in september also, and its considered low season, Callao




as far as the weather goes, I%26#39;d say you can%26#39;t really predict the weather very well at any time of the year as this year was very wet but if you went this week you%26#39;d hit alot of rain (not normal) and in march of last year i was VTE and hit alot of rainy weather (not normal), but in september it was nice with little rain so you can only hope you hit it right, I%26#39;m going next week and hope the weather is good myself, callao




Hi - yes september would get my vote too - the rainy season should have ended (although not this year....) and you are still before the busiest tourist season of Dec-March. I go to LP every month and prefer Sept-Nov for climate and more space on the footpaths.

No comments:

Post a Comment