Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Ride Share Huay Xai to Luang Namtha

On January 12, 2009, to avoid the notorious bus to Luang Namtha from Huay Xai we have made arrangements for an 8 seat van to be available. It cost $150 (since it has to come down from LN to get us). My wife and I are willing to sublet four seats, meaning there would be six people total and each of us would pay $25. I can find no other way to make that trip less unconfortable.





Ride Share Huay Xai to Luang Namtha


ok you got me . We will going that way soon ,why is the bus so bad ? Are there only public buses or are there VIP ones /



Ride Share Huay Xai to Luang Namtha


I%26#39;m basing that only on posted reports about breakdowns and lengthy delays....and in the muddy season, worse delays.





I don%26#39;t mind being packed into a small vehicle for long distances, but have recently had back surgery and don%26#39;t want to risk reinjuring it, if that can be avoided.





If the road is much better now, and the van not much faster than the bus, I%26#39;m not out that much in the big picture...but we wanted to make the first leg as comfortable as possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment