Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Private Boat From Houay Xay to Louang Prabang?

Hi all - I plan to take a boat journey down the Mekong from ith my wife from Houay Xay to Louang Prabang. I understand there%26#39;s two options: a slowboat packed with 40 tourists for 2 days or a dangerous, noisy speedboat for 6 hours.



Does anyone know if there%26#39;s a third option ie: a private boat you can charter? I suppose I%26#39;ll find out when I cross the border from Thailand.



Any help appreciated! Enjoy.



Private Boat From Houay Xay to Louang Prabang?


$400?? And they can%26#39;t even throw in the $3.00 a night %26#39;accomodation%26#39; at Pakbeng? That%26#39;s taking the Mick. Pakbeng is hell on earth, by the way. Unless you stay at the rather flash place on the hill, that seemed really good but a bit pricy I hear.



Private Boat From Houay Xay to Louang Prabang?


heading to houay xay next week with the family to do the gibbon experience, then by boat to luang prabang.





any advice based on your experience? debating whether to fork over the cash %26amp; take the nicer luang say boat to the luang say lodge to bypass pakbeng, or just take our chances with the slow , crowded boat and a night in pakbeng.





appreciate any tips



No comments:

Post a Comment