Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Mekong Sun River Cruise in Laos

I%26#39;ve read that in Laos there is now a fairly new cruise vessel called Mekong Sun, a German-Lao joint venture that cruises from/to Luang Prabang. Has anyone experienced their services? I can see on their webpage that they are quite upmarket so would like to know if it%26#39;s worth the trip? Other than that particular boat I can only find the regular slowboat 2-day trips, but these have no cabins, so need to reach the lodge in Pakbeng. I%26#39;d prefer the cruise experience with more time to stop at remote villages and supposedly spend the night under the stars instead of in small towns. Thanks beforehand for your experiences.





Mekong Sun River Cruise in Laos


I have seen their boat, The Mekong Sun, I think it was in Pakbeng, It is a nice vessel indeed ! Did you try it finally ? As I travel often on this path, as a photographer, I usually take the Luang Say Mekong Cruise, with a stop at the Luang Say Lodge (Pakbeng). You will have no problem finding their website or info and nice reviews about them on this site...



I really like them, but i would not mind having hints about alternative ways to make this trip around Luang Prabang as comfortably. Please keep me posted if you%26#39;ve been on this one.



Mekong Sun River Cruise in Laos


Aha , i have checked in great wall hotel in Pakse city almost 15 days. veery night i walk around the mekong river, it%26#39;s let me feeling so beautiful, the city is so quite.the wind lightly.sometimes you can hear the birds singing.i like here, i am so relax.




I have still not been there, but finally decided to book a cruise early December on the Mekong Sun. I am quite excited and hope the trip meets my expectations!! I%26#39;ll update here afterwards of the experiences.




Now Bangkok chaos doesn%26#39;t seem to make travel a lot easier, does it? Well I am checking at the moment different connections via Hanoi, which has daily flights to Luang Prabang and Vientiane..




Even though BKK will work soon again I guess, I had to postpone my trip for now.. I hope to be able to make it in JAN and will then write about my experiences. If anyone gets there before or has been there, kindly let us know about your journey - that would be highly appreciated!

No comments:

Post a Comment