Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Travel Indochina Tours

I%26#39;ve just booked a trip with Travel Indochina based in Australia. After booking the trip, the company now says that there are not enough people to hire a Western guide and wish to replace him/her with local guides.

Has anyone else used this tour group? Were you happy with them? Disappointed? Thank you!!

Travel Indochina Tours

I went with them last oct %26amp; had a great time I am Australian %26amp; booked in Australia there was 7 of us so enough for both western %26amp; Lao guides %26amp; both guides were good.I had a friend who had used them in 2006 to Cambodia %26amp; were happy with them %26amp; it was only 2 of them %26amp;therefore only had local guide.The trip I did with Travel Indochina was only 4 days %26amp; was called Lao Highlights

Travel Indochina Tours

I did a 14 day tour of Vietnam with Travel Indochina Sept 07. Very well organised tour, with superb accommodation, well paced itinerary, and attention to individual interests. Local guides even organised some school visits to sate my interest in eductaion. Local guides were enthusiastic, and very keen to be of any asssistance. Of the five that joined us along different sections, only one was difficult to understand. Despite the tour brochure giving the impression that their market is 30 - 50 years from the look of the people in the pictures, the guide said they market to the 50 - 65 age bracket which was certainly the age of most people on the tour I was on except for me 40 and a 26 year old! Still highly recommended.


I know for a fact that Travel Indochina is in serious financial problems...they are not providing you a western guide because they can%26#39;t afford them any longer...it is a shame. Just recently Travel Indochina begun to make several employees redundant...

Make sure you get travel insurance that covers for everything should the company go down...:-(


I did a tour in September this year with local guides (through Viengchampa) and found them very good, so I wouldn%26#39;t worry too much.

  • ie hosted control
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment