Friday, April 2, 2010

Swim

Is there anywhere you can swim in and/or around Luang Prabang, and I don´t mean hotel swimming pools ;).





Is it safe to swim (go in the water) in the river? At waterfalls?





/A



Swim


Personally I wouldn%26#39;t swim in the river, but you can certainly swim in the limestone pools near the waterfall.



Swim


I wouldn’t do that in the river. According to the local, very year quite a few people lost their life while swimming in the Mekong and Nam Khan River. I remember watching a video somewhere (may be in Youtube) about someone was standing in the river taking picture with the water only up to his knee. Two steps later he was totally sank in the water and had to raise his arm all the way up high so his camera won’t get wet. Also, you might have seen some pictures of Naga. It gave me some second thought after hearing all the mystery stories of Naga in the Mekong River. However, swimming around the waterfall is safe, and that was one of the most fun I had over there.

No comments:

Post a Comment