Sunday, April 4, 2010

laos logistics

hi guys! i%26#39;m in thailand at the moment and we reorganised our trip to include laos. i%26#39;m wanting to see vientiane, luang prabang, vang vieng, and si phan don. then i%26#39;m off to ho chi minh to catch my flight home.





logistically, which is the best order to do these points, i heard from a some british guys that going from the south and making my way north is slow. we%26#39;ll either be flying in from bangkok or entering by road (also from bangkok).





oh and also, do i need to suss out a vietnamese visa if i intend on not leaving the airport?



laos logistics


Your intended route for Laos is doable and I have done that route myself. I hope you are allowing a fair amount of time to get from one place to the other as domestic travel can be quite slow. I also recommend breaking up the trip by stopping somewhere halfway (as opposed to attempting to do for example two 7-hour bus trips in one day!). As long as you do not exit immigration and instead remain in the transit section of the airport, you will not require a visa for Vietnam.

No comments:

Post a Comment